Company Press Release
Orion Software Development Releases Version 3 of Orion Outcomes for Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Longmont, Colorado — January 1, 2005 — Orion Software Development, a leading provider of medical outcome software solutions, today announced the upcoming availability of version 3 of Orion Outcomes for Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programs. This release offers many enhancements that are the direct result of customer feedback
Previously, version 2.0 of Orion Outcomes was released in the year 2000. Orion Software Development continued to enhance the version 2 product after its release with over 250+ new features added over the last 4 years. These enhancements were available for existing customers at no additional charge from Orion Software Development’s web site.
“We are very excited about the release of Orion Outcomes 3″, said Brandon Fuller, President of Orion Software Development. “We continually work with our customers to solicit their feedback on how Orion Outcomes can further benefit their program. We strongly encourage all existing customers to upgrade to this new release in order to continue to get the most out of their outcomes program.”
Top 10 New Features in Version 3
- New! NWLRC Fat Intake Scale – A royalty-free, short and simple dietary test from the University of Washington.
- New! Password Expiration – Ability to expire user account passwords after a period of time to prevent password theft.
- Updated! Outcome Phases for 20 Years – The outcome evaluation phases have been expanded to include every year between 1 and 20.
- New! Customize Your Outcome Phases – Further tailor the software to match your program with the ability to show or hide any of the outcome evaluation phases.
- Updated! Faster Patient Report Generation – Ability to type and find patients by name to generate patient outcomes reports.
- Updated! Data Entry Forms Behavior – Use the Enter key to move between data fields.
- Updated! Patient Outcome Summary Report Header – Unused demographics are not printed on the report. Risk stratification added.
- Updated! Outcome Evaluation List – Only enabled tools will show up in the list view.
- New! Database Shortcuts – Create shortcuts to open specific database files on launch.
- Updated! Import More Data – Added fields, such as occupation, marital status, education level, physicians and insurance providers, to the XML import interface use by 3rd party products, such as Quinton’s Q-Tel RMS.
Orion Software Development will continue to enhance version 3 throughout 2005 and beyond. Version 2 will not be enhanced upon the release of version 3.
Orion Outcomes version 3 is priced at $750 per license.
An upgrade is available for Orion Outcomes version 2 for $300 per license. All computers sharing an outcomes database must be upgraded simultaneously.
Orion Outcomes version 3 will begin shipping by February 1, 2005 from Orion Software Development and its distributors.
ABOUT ORION SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
Orion Software Development is a leading provider of medical outcome software solutions. The company develops applications that enable organizations to collect and analyze outcome data using a personal computer. The company’s flagship product, Orion Outcomes, is used in hundreds of cardiopulmonary clinics throughout the United States. Headquartered in Longmont, Colorado, Orion Software Development markets its products through direct sales and distributors. Orion Software Development can be contacted by phone at (720) 494-7950, via fax at (720) 494-7951, through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the World Wide Web at http://www.orionsoftwaredev.com.
# # #
All prices and terms are for the United States only. Orion Outcomes is a trademark of Orion Software Development. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.